Quotes about Romance



     “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”
- Oscar Wilde

     “Romance is everything.
- Gertrude Stein


      “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.
- Bernard Williams


     “I think romance is anything honest. As long as it's honest, it's so disarming.
- Kristen Stewart


     “Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
- Oscar Wilde


     “Remember, beneath every cynic there lies a romantic, and probably an injured one.
- Glenn Beck

     “The word 'romance,' according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime.
- Billy Graham

     “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.”
- Nicholas Sparks


     “A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.
- Charlie Chaplin

     “There's something about the sound of a train that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful.
- Paul Simon


      “Wine comes in at the mouth And love comes in at the eye; That's all we shall know for truth Before we grow old and die.
- William Butler Yeats


     “I'm very romantic, I'm extremely romantic. I date my wife.
- Alice Cooper


      “I'm a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won't.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald


      “You’re dangerous,” he says.“Why? “Because you make me believe in the impossible”
― Simone Elkeles 

     “The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes


      “Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. ”
Elinor Glyn


     “When men attempt bold gestures, generally it's considered romantic. When women do it, it's often considered desperate or psycho.
- Sarah Jessica Parker


     “The mouth is made for communication, and nothing is more articulate than a kiss.”
- Jarod Kintz 

      “We owe to the Middle Ages the two worst inventions of humanity - romantic love and gunpowder.
- Andre Maurois


     “Come sleep with me: We won't make Love,Love will make us.”
- Julio Cortázar



     “Romance is tempestuous. Love is calm.
- Mason Cooley


     “I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine.”
- Jamie McGuire 

     “The more we are filled with thoughts of lust the less we find true romantic love.
- Douglas Horton


     “Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.”
- Charles Dickens

     “The romantic love we feel toward the opposite sex is probably one extra help from God to bring you together, but that's it. All the rest of it, the true love, is the test.”
- Joan Chen
      “I'm a hopeless romantic. It's disgusting. It really is. I've seen 'While You Were Sleeping', like, twenty times, and I still believe in the whole Prince Charming thing.”
- Jennifer Love Hewitt

      “In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person.
- Margaret Anderson


      “I don't like to search too much. I find it is easier when romance finds you.
- Michelle Trachtenberg


     “I love being one half of a romantic couple.
- Julianna Margulies


     “Am I a romantic? I've seen 'Wuthering Heights' ten times. I'm a romantic.
- Johnny Depp


     “Middle age is when a guy keeps turning off lights for economical rather than romantic reasons.
- Lillian Gordy Carter

     “I'm a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love.
- Jennifer Lopez


     “My greatest environments in which I can grow, or grow up, is in personal romantic relationships with a man.
- Alanis Morissette

     “I feel like you don't know if someone's equipped for a romantic relationship until they're out of their twenties.
- Lena Dunham

      “I'm very romantic and of course I want to be in love.
- Emma Watson


     “I'm not a romantic. In life I didn't have much experience with romance.
- Ang Lee


      “I was blinded by being a romantic person.
- Sienna Miller


     “That on a romantic level, if you feel it about somebody and it's pure, it means that they do too.
- Sean Penn

     “I'm very romantic. I've emptied flower shops.
- Bob Hoskins


    “My vanity is I'm terribly romantic! But being married is lovely.
- Matthew Macfadyen