Quotes about mother


   “Don’t poets know it, Better than others? God can’t be always everywhere: and, so, Invented Mothers"
-Sir Edwin Arnold
  
    ”Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.”
-Anonymous

    “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
- Abraham Lincoln

   The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.”
-Henry Ward Beecher


   ”A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
-Tenneva Jordan

    “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
-George Washington

   ”No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you–life.”
-Anonymous

    ”Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn; Hundreds of lambs in the purple clover; Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn; But only one mother the wide world over.”
- George Cooper
  
   ”Mother–that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.”
-T. DeWitt Talmage


    ”I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.”
-Abraham Lincoln


   “Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he'll end up hating you.
- Jill Bennett

    “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness”. 
-Honore de Balzac

    ”And remember that behind every successful woman is a basket of dirty laundry.”
-Anonymous


    “Few misfortunes can befall a boy which brings worse consequences than to have a really affectionate mother.
- W. Somerset Maugham

    ”I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.”
- Abraham Lincoln

    ”The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.”
-HonorĂ© de Balzac 

    ”A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.”
- Irish Proverb


    “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.”
- Stevie Wonder

    ”A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.”
Anonymous


    “A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.”
-Robert Frost

    ”Who ran to help me when I fell, And would some pretty story tell, Or kiss the place to make it well? My mother.”
-Ann Taylor


    “My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.”
- Pablo Picasso

   ”Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”
-William Makepeace Thackeray


    “No man is poor who has a Godly mother.” 
- Abraham Lincoln

    ”A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.”
-Anonymous


    “I ask you, what good is a big picture window and the lavish appointments and a priceless decor in a home if there is no mother there?” 
- Spencer W. Kimball,

     ”The sweetest sounds to mortals given, Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.”
-William Goldsmith Brown


    “She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don't know a better person.
-Oprah Winfrey
    
    "A mother’s love! O holy, boundless thing! Fountain whose waters never cease to spring!”
-Marguerite Gardiner

    “Necessity... the mother of invention.
- Plato

   ”Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.”
-Harriet Beecher Stowe


    “I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile.” 
-Adriana Trigiani,
    ”My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.”
-Graycie Harmon
    A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror”.
-Sigmund Freud
  
    “Yes, Mother. I can see you are flawed. You have not hidden it. That is your greatest gift to me.
-Alice Walkel
    “There's something wrong with a mother who washes out a measuring cup with soap and water after she's only measured water in it.”
-Erma Bombeck

    “Diligence is the mother of good fortune.”
-Benjamin Disraeli


    “What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin.”
- Henry Ward Beecher


    “There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing.”
- Billy Sunday

    
   “The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own we have no soul of our own civilization.”
- Frank Lloyd Wright