Quotes about Death



    “I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”
- Woody Allen


    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
- Mark Twain

   “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
- J.K. Rowling 

    “It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
- Tery Pratchett

     “I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.”
- Jimi Hendrix

     “I don't want to die without any scars.”
- Chuck Palahniuk 

    “Life is for the living.Death is for the dead.Let life be like music. And death a note unsaid.”
- Langston Hughes
     “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
- Mark Twain

    “When people don't express themselves, they die one piece at a time.”
- Laurie Halse Anderson 

     “You only live twice:Once when you're born And once when you look death in the face.” 
Ian Fleming 

     “I could die for you. But I couldn't, and wouldn't, live for you.”
- Ayn Rand

    “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

     “Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it.”
- Haruki Murakami

    “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.”
- Isaac Asimov


     “No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they'd die for.”
- Martin Luther King Jr


      “While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
- Leonardo da Vinci


    “Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.”
- George R.R. Martin 

    “Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.
- David Gerrold

     “Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.”
- Ernest Hemingway

    “Suicide is man's way of telling God, 'You can't fire me - I quit.'
- Bill Maher



     “The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective.”
- James Patterson 

     “I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand.
- Benjamin Franklin

     “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
- Helen Keller

     “No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow.
- Euripides


     “Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.”
- Benjamin Franklin


     “Man always dies before he is fully born.
- Erich Fromm


      “Reality means you live until you die...the real truth is nobody wants reality.”
- Chuck Palahniuk

    “Dying is easy, it's living that scares me to death.
- Annie Lennox


     “A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
- Martin Luther King, Jr


     “Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.
- Katharine Hepburn


     “To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
- Buddha

    “From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.
- Edvard Munch

    “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
- Helen Keller

     “The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.
- Lois McMaster Bujold


     “Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.
- George Eliot

     “I had seen birth and death but had thought they were different.
- T. S. Eliot

    “Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it.
- Alice Walker

   “Birth and death; we all move between these two unknowns.
- Bryant H. McGill


     “Do not fear death so much but rather the inadequate life.
- Bertolt Brecht

     “A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man.
- Miguel de Unamuno