Father quotes



       “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”
- Theodore Hesburgh

       “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.”
- George herbert

       “Father!–to God himself we cannot give a holier name.”
- william wordsworth

       “The greatest gift I ever had Came from God; I call him Dad!”
- Anonymous.


      “Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.”
 - Ruth E. Renkel

      “A father is always making his baby into a little woman.  And when she is a woman he turns her back again.”
- Enid Bagnold

       “I love my father as the stars- he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.”
- Terri Guillemets

      “No word makes me happier than the word “daddy” when it’s directed to me.” 
- Michael Josephson

       “Why are men reluctant to become fathers?  They aren't through being children.“
- Cindy Garner

       “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.”
- Charles Wadsworth


       “It is much easier to become a father than to be one.”
- Kent Nerburn

        “Being a father is the most important role I will ever play and if I don’t do this well, no other thing I do really matters.
- Anonymous.

         “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me”
- Jim Valvano

        “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”
- Sigmund freu

       “It is a wise father that knows his own child.”
- William Shakespeare

       “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.”
- yiddish proverb

        “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”
- Sigmund Freud

      “Anyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a daddy.”
- Anonymous.

       “Love and fear.  Everything the father of a family says must inspire one or the other.”
 -Joseph Joubert

       “It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
Pope John


       “He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” 
- Clarence Budington Kelland

       “You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's.”
- Robert Frost

       “My father always told me, “Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.”
- Jim Fox

        “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” 
- Antoine François Prévost

      “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.”
- Anonymous.

      “My father couldn't warm my frozen hands.” 
- Tahereh Mafi

      “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.”
- Harmon killebrew

      “I know that I will never find my father in any other man who comes into my life, because it is a void in my life that can only be filled by him.”
- Halle Berry

      “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.”
- Reed markham

“There is nothing that moves a loving father's soul quite like his child's cry.” 
- Joni Eareckson Tada



       “When my father didn’t have my hand . . . he had my back.”
- Linda poindexter

      “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
Alexander the Great


      “I don't even know how to speak up for myself, because I don't really have a father who would give me the confidence or advice.
Eminem

       “The death of my father is probably the biggest thing that I ever faced. Daddy and I were best friends.
Joel Osteen


       “How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.”
- Voltaire

       “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.
Frank A. Clark



       “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Jesus Christ


      “My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad.
Beau Bridges


      “To be a successful father... there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years.
Ernest Hemingway

       “Being a father, being a friend, those are the things that make me feel successful.
William Hurt