Quotes about Jealousy



     “Jealousy’s a weak emotion.”
- Jay-Z


     “Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
- H.G. Wells

    “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire.
-Solomon Ibn Gabirol


    “It's a completely useless emotion - jealousy. I don't go there.
- Joy Behar


     “Jealousy is the fear or apprehension of superiority: envy our uneasiness under it.
- William Shenstone


     “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
- Drake


    “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire.
- Solomon Ibn Gabirol


     “I like jealous men. I love jealousy. I do.
- Adriana Lima


     “Man is jealous because of his amour propre; woman is jealous because of her lack of it.
- Germaine Greer


     “Jealousy is the grave of affection.
- Mary Baker Eddy


     “From heresy, frenzy and jealousy, good Lord deliver me.
- Ludovico Ariosto


     “You will not accept credit that is due to another, or harbor jealousy of an explorer who is more fortunate.
- Abbott L. Lowell

      “Passion can quickly slip to jealousy, or even hatred.
- Arthur Golden


     “I do not say anything from jealousy.
- Anna Held


    “Nothing is more capable of troubling our reason, and consuming our health, than secret notions of jealousy in solitude.
- Aphra Behn

     “The jealousy and resentment that animate the terrorists also affect many of our former cold war allies.
- Richard Perle

     “But I like not these great success of yours; for I know how jealous are the gods.
- Herodotus


       “I do a lot of sexy publicity, but I have yet to have any bad experiences regarding jealousy.
- Brooke Burke

    “The knives of jealousy are honed on details.
- Ruth Rendell


     “There tends to be a jealousy in England towards countries that are successful.
- Chris O'Dowd


     “Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.
- George Eliot


    “Jealousy is love bed of burning snarl.
- George Meredith


      “The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.
- Salvador Dali


     “I don't watch that much comedy. I think it's professional jealousy. That and a lack of support for my community.
- Michael Ian Black

     “Jealousy is bred in doubts. When those doubts change into certainties, then the passion either ceases or turns absolute madness.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

     “Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.” 
- J.R. WardDark Lover

     “Jealousy lives upon doubts. It becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

      “Men are jealous of every woman, even when they don’t have the slightest interest in her themselves.”
- Jan Neruda

      “It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.
- Rupert Everett


     “Jealousy blurs the focus.”
― Toba Beta 


     “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.
- Milan Kundera


     “jealousy is the tie that binds, and binds, and binds.
- Helen Rowland


    “That is ever the way. 'Tis all jealousy to the bride and good wishes to the corpse.
- James M. Barrie


      “Envy is for people who don’t have the self-esteem to be jealous.”
- Bauvard

     “People can do all kinds of things that maybe aren't wise in hindsight because of jealousy.
- Kristin Bauer van Straten


     “Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, For jealousy dislikes the world to know it.” 
George Gordon Byron

     “Jealousy is not at all low, but it catches us humbled and bowed down, at first sight.
- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette


     “I said I was impressed, Martha. I'm beside myself with jealousy. What do you want me to do, throw up?”
- Edward Albee 

      “I don't get jealousy, I don't get how people hate each other - I never did.
- Nas


     “In jealousy there is more of self-love than love”
- Francois De La Rochefoucault