Betrayal Quotes



      “When you betray somebody else, you also betray yourself.
-Isaac Bashevis Singer



      “You want to believe that there's one relationship in life that's beyond betrayal. A relationship that's beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn't.
-Caleb Carr

      “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” 
- William Blake

     “We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal.
-Tennessee Williams


     “It was a mistake," you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” 
- David Levithan, 

      “Naturally, when one makes progressive steps, there may be some who see it as a betrayal of their goals and interests.
-Louis Farrakhan 

     “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” 
-Suzanne Collins

     “Film seems to be a medium designed for betrayal and violence.
-Nick Cave


      “I used to advertise my loyalty and I don't believe there is a single person I loved that I didn't eventually betray.” 
- Albert Camus,

      “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.” 
- Malcolm

     “Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love.
-John le Carre


     “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.
-Arthur Miller


      “I have never known a more vulgar expression of betrayal and deceit.
-Lucien Bouchard


     “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.
-Lauren Conrad

      “There are only really a few stories to tell in the end, and betrayal and the failure of love is one of those good stories to tell.
-Sean Lennon

     “I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me.
-Cao Cao


      “Most of us regard good luck as our right, and bad luck as a betrayal of that right.
-William Feather


      “You can't betray yourself too often, or you become somebody else.
-Ed Harris


     “Anyone who hasn't experienced the ecstasy of betrayal knows nothing about ecstasy at all.
-Jean Genet


       “The betrayal of trust carries a heavy taboo.
-Aldrich Ames


     “Is it possible to succeed without any act of betrayal?
-Jean Renoir


      “To take refuge with an inferior is to betray one's self.
-Peter Nivio Zarlenga


      “When you're out of sight for as long as I was, there's a funny feeling of betrayal that comes over people when they see you again.
-Esther Williams


     “To betray, you must first belong.
-Kim Philby


      “As a writer, I have learned that each time I pick up my pencil I betray someone.
-Terry Tempest Williams


      “It's not your enemies who are likeliest to hurt you. It is, always, those you trust.” 
-Rachel Caine

     “You are going to break your promise. I understand. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart, so that I will not hate you.” 
-Catherynne M. Valente

      “We have to distrust each other. It's our only defense against betrayal.” 
-Tennessee Williams

     “Betrayal is beautiful.” 
- Jean Genet


     “I like animals because they are not consciously cruel and don't betray each other.
-Taylor Caldwell

     “Growth is betrayal.” 
- John Updike

      “Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love.
-John le Carre


     “To write is your last resort when you've betrayed someone.” 
- Jean Genet

     “Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.
-William Wordsworth


     “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.” 
-George R.R. Martin

      “A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
-Livy


     “Betrayal isn't ridiculous. It's the reason empires fall.” 
Marisha Pessl

     “Betrayal... is my favorite subject.
-Norman Jewison


     “Deep down, my mom had long suspected I was gay... Much of her anger and hurt came from her sense of betrayal that she was the last to be told.
-Chaz Bono

      “Tales of power and ambition and intrigue and betrayal and desire - when you're telling those in a big way, you automatically want to go to Shakespeare.
-Beau Willimon